Welcome to Monroe Learning Network!
Monroe Learning Network is a New York State approved provider of continuing education for physical and occupational therapists. We are committed to ensuring our clinical partners have access to affordable and relevant continuing education opportunities across the communities we serve.
We're busy planning a variety of different events for 2017. Be sure to check your email inboxes for updates (sign up here if you haven't already) on course offerings and registration information. Some highlights coming up include:
- Thursday, April 20th- Kingston, NY (8AM-1PM): Monroe Learning Network, Sunrise Medical, and Switch-it are partnering for this half day morning course taking place in Kingston, NY. The course is suitable for PT's, PTA's, OT's, OTA's, and other rehab professionals, and will feature Kim Davis, MSPT, ATP (Clinical Rehab Manager at Sunrise Medical) and Robert Norton (Vice President of Sales at Switch-It). Assessing for Power Mobility- From Standard Joystick to Specialty Input Devices will focus on clinical considerations for power mobility (additional considerations for pediatrics); funding considerations; drive methods; specialty input devices; and over an hour of hands-on learning and programming. Be sure to register early as price increases after April 1st. REGISTER NOW
- March 20th, 21st and 23rd- Grid 3 Software & Eyegaze Technology Workshop: Join Monroe Speech Designs and your US Smartbox team for an in-depth Grid 3 workshop covering the most comprehensive client- centered AAC and Assistive Technology solution available. Offered on March 20, 2017- Hartford, CT, March 21, 2017- West Haverstraw, NY, and March 23, 2017- Philadelphia, PA. Register Here.
- TBD- Sports & Recreation Equipment Course: This 2 hour course is slated to take place in Rochester and Syracuse area in May/June. Course will focus on adaptive basketball, hand cycling, and tennis where there will be plenty of hands on trial of equipment. Stay tuned for details.
- TBD- Annual Full Day Seminar: This will be a full day of CEU's taking place in at least 2 locations in New York. Dates coming soon.
- TBD- GoBabyGo Workshop(s): Discussing with University of Delaware's- GoBabyGo program about partnering on a full day workshop for as early as this fall as well as long term opportunities.
Please stay tuned to this page for updates on any upcoming courses offered by Monroe Learning Network. If you attended a previous course and have any follow up questions please contact our Monroe Learning Network Administrator, Jen Maichuk, via email or 888-546-8595 x 356. Be sure to sign up below to stay up to date with Monroe Learning Network's course offerings.